Saturday, September 25, 2021

Teaching

 I teach a lot. Well I do some teaching. This semester I have 5 classes going. Thing is I actually enjoy it and maybe I have some talent. Hard to tell. Anyways, would I do it if it wasn't for the money? I guess I would drop some of the classes, but which one? Open university classes might be the most rewarding. The group can be really heterogenetic, ages from 19 to 70. There also it seems people get a lot of enjoyment from learning, and it shows. These classes are in the evenings but the students arrive brimming with energy. 

Then there are the Comics Centre classes, many people there that I know from way back. These people are often extremely dedicated and serious about their work and I'm happy if I can help. This class is more about group, not so much about my opinions, I'm there to encourage people to share their thoughts. 

Recently I was told that the works of my students can somehow be recognized. I'm not sure if this is a good thing. It is true that I value certain things in a story and emphatise things like structure and maybe this shows in the works of my students. But I trust they will outgrow it 

No comments: