Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Back in the days

January 1986 I opened the door of University of Industrial Arts in Arabia district for the first time. I had started my studies few months before at Teollisuuskatu and now the school was moving to a new place. And some place it was! Great new artclasses for painting and good facilities for printmaking and on the 5th floor at the department of Graphic Design, where I was studying an 2 color Heidelberg. It seemed to be rolling all the time back in the days. I stayed in the school for 8 years. The last years I was mostly painting. I returned in 1998 when my comics classes started. At some point the Heidelberg disappeared. 5th floor was filled with Macs.
 I've been teaching there ever since. 20 years. Next September school is moving to Otaniemi and the old building at Arabia is left to other purposes. On wednesday I have my final class there. I've worked with the best of teachers and the best of students within those walls.
End of a period.

No comments: