Monday, November 10, 2014

Old work



I don't spend a lot of time thinking of my old work. When it's done it's over. The Kekkonen book from 2004 has been in many ways my biggest suggest. Due to some decisions my finnish publisher made i pretty much hate the book. Same goes with Holmenkollen. The french editions are a lot nicer, but the finnish editions... At that time there was a technological change going on and the old analogical technology was being replaced by the digital. Kekkonen was the first of my book that was scanned and I had to do the corrections myself. I hated every moment. Don't get me wrong, I would've been quite happy scraping and correcting films like it was done before. I used to love that part of the work, working really close to the printing machine. But with scanning there's always the pixels. And I hate the look of them (when it's not intentional). So during the years one thing lead to another and here I am drawing with a marker. And although the drawing has evolved from issue one of läskimooses i still aim for shittiness. And people still seem to remember my kekkonen book the best and i still hope i had never done the ugly monster with all those pixels lurking beneath the surfus.

No comments: