Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Believe

As a form of publishing I still believe in the pamphlet comic book, although THIS project hasn't been a commercial success - in a long shot. 
There is so many things to explore that you are not able to do with a book. And even today I would jump to the opportunity to start a comic book of my own. That was the original dream in the 90's. Having read Dirty Plotte, Eightball, Hate, Palookaville... what I really wanted to do was have a comic book going. At that time it didn't really feel impossible so I ended up doing books that had the same structure a comic book would have. Eventually when  I started Läskimooses it didn't use that kind of structure that I had envisioned in the 90's for a comic book. It's now a book in comic books clothing! And 2 years to go, maybe lingwr since the Suomaa strip is slowing me down. 
All this, it wasn't very wise, was it?

No comments: