Thursday, January 03, 2019

So

The ending of this issue wasn't in the first drafts of the story. I think the current ending started to come about a year back, maybe two. These things often happen with the story. I have a sort of skeleton narrative with preliminary twists and turns and some of these sometimes feel or start to feel unsatisfying, that more is needed, some deeper secret or surprise, some more meat for the bones. In this case the original idea of the killer planet just crashing earth felt weak so I came with a somewhat different solution. Hope it works.
It would be fun to track down all the changes the story has gone through in the process of becoming. There are a lot of them. All the time some general direction remains. I have added depth to the 2 main characters, I knew I would. Still the way it has happened feels like a sort of miracle.
When the story eventually will be finished after 8 years of work it will be curious to read it through. And I'm saving a couple of major plot revelations for the so called NOTES. More of them in 2 years.

No comments: